Ultrasound uses sound waves to produce images. The sound waves are transmitted into your body from a small handpiece
that looks a bit like a microphone (called an Ultrasound Probe). Some of these waves are reflected and are processed by the ultrasound machine to form pictures. This is the same way the navy looks
for submarines. These pictures are shown on a TV screen and recorded.
Ultrasound has been around for about 60 years now and studies have shown that it is a safe technique with no
harmful side effects.
Obstetrical and Gynaecological Ultrasound Services Provided
- Gynaecological Ultrasound Scans and Procedures.
- Early Pregnancy Ultrasound.
- First Trimester Fetal Ultrasound with Down syndrome screening and early fetal
- Mid-Trimester Fetal Ultrasound with detailed fetal anatomical survey and access
to live 3D ultrasound enhancement techniques.
- Third Trimester Fetal Ultrasound.
- Counseling of High Risk Screening Results.
- Pre-test Counseling for Prenatal Screening and
- Chorionic Villus
Sampling with counseling.
- Amniocentesis with
- NEW PerceptTM prenatal
non-invasive screening test with counseling and dating ultrasound
Patients will require a referral from their doctor in order to obtain an
At Northern Ultrasound for Women we maintain the highest level of infection control.
Ultrasound transducers (probes) and other equipment used in the ultrasound scan undergo high‐level disinfection using an instrument grade disinfection method approved by the Therapeutic Goods
Administration (TGA), in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions for use.